Welcome, Autel Pilots!
Join our free Autel drone community today!
Join Us

Another convincing reason to the by the Evo Lite+

It’s a well crafted video. Nothing that couldn’t be pulled of with another drone though.

Reactions: Eagle928
Could well be but for the current new drones in this range I think the Lite+ stands out for its edge to edge clarity even besting Mavic 3 in that regard at least. That's why I think I'll buy this over the Mavic 3. I was going to buy the M3 but after getting raw files from both its apparent the Mavic has soft corners where the Lite+ doesn't. I think you can see this edge to edge clarity in the video quite well. Have seen it this way from the very first Lite+ footage I have seen.

I will try and get that done for you. So far my Lite+ hasn’t really impressed me. It’s just ok. Like you, I came in with big expectations after all the reviews I watched. Hopefully Autel sorts it. But hey, I got the white one.

D9772222-8D70-4B05-AE8A-EDA2969D8C6E.jpeg

Reactions: 30plusretlaw
I will try and get that done for you. So far my Lite+ hasn’t really impressed me. It’s just ok. Like you, I came in with big expectations after all the reviews I watched. Hopefully Autel sorts it. But hey, I got the white one.

View attachment 13300
Lol I'm after a Grey One (less conspicuous) but seriously that would be great if you get the time. If I shot video all the time slightly blurry corners would not worry me but as I do large prints a static image staring back at you with blurry corners is more noticeable. Thanks

Mavic 3 > Lite+ > Air2S

After two years with DJI drones (Mini 2 and Air 2S), I swapped to Autel because DJI drones transmit your telemetry, email, GPS position and serial number to DJI Aeroscope units around without you being able to have any control over it.

The Lite+ is way better than the Air2S, but needs a bit of software polishing yet, other than that the camera is a bit sharper and the drone flies for 30 real minutes while on the same conditions the Air2S could only fly for 19 minutes or so, both landing allways at 20-30% to preserve the battery. It also has better transmission range, in CE than the Air2S with the FCC hack, but all being said, the Air2S was more agile.

Mavic 3 > Lite+ > Air2S

After two years with DJI drones (Mini 2 and Air 2S), I swapped to Autel because DJI drones transmit your telemetry, email, GPS position and serial number to DJI Aeroscope units around without you being able to have any control over it.

The Lite+ is way better than the Air2S, but needs a bit of software polishing yet, other than that the camera is a bit sharper and the drone flies for 30 real minutes while on the same conditions the Air2S could only fly for 19 minutes or so, both landing allways at 20-30% to preserve the battery. It also has better transmission range, in CE than the Air2S with the FCC hack, but all being said, the Air2S was more agile.
Much, much, much more agile. The A2S is currently a better drone then the Lite+, in every regard besides flight time. The camera on the L+ suffers from some pretty bad horizon tilt. Very similar to what my E2P has. It works itself out mostly, but not completely.

Is that an Autel thing? Pretty sure you can't do that with DJI?
Can't do it with DJIs. not sure about M3.

While recording video, you can either snap the photo button, or set auto intervals of 5s, 10s, 30s.

Attachments

• 0snap.jpg
    0snap.jpg
    108.3 KB · Views: 22
  • 0snap1.jpg
    0snap1.jpg
    109.9 KB · Views: 21
Reactions: Bussty
Much, much, much more agile. The A2S is currently a better drone then the Lite+, in every regard besides flight time. The camera on the L+ suffers from some pretty bad horizon tilt. Very similar to what my E2P has. It works itself out mostly, but not completely.

Camera on the lite is way sharper than the Air2S camera (comapring DNGs on Rawdigger), specially on the corners. Air2S has a greater FOV but quality is not that good.
Props in the shot are a thing both for the Lite+ and the Air2S, but in the Lite+ happens less frequently.
Tilted horizon also happens in both drones, being less frequent on the Lite+ (I live near the sea, so I can notice it easily).
Transmission range is also way better than Air2S, even the Air2S working in FCC can't beat the Lite+ in CE mode, mostly because Lite+ can degrade the video quality way further than the Air2s, with just quits and enters RTH as soon as the video link degrades a bit.
At the moment the Lite+ camera moves a bit by it's own, so long exposures and hyperlapse are not a thing yet (that's why I said it needs a bit of polishing, hope the next firmware update fixes it).
The flight time of the Air2S is also a joke, in any condition the Lite+ will fly for about 10 minutes more. I'm getting 28-30 minutes flight time on long range flights while on the Air2S I only got 15-19 minutes for the most part. 40Wh battery vs nearly 70Wh battery. In a more stationary flight, where you don't spend the battery travelling, one battery on the Lite+ is all you need.

Lite+ will get most of the things fixed in the next update (12 bit DNGs, more video options, etc).

On the other hand Autel drones don't violate your privacy transmitting all your data and telemetry to Aeroscope systems nearby without you having any control over it.

I've flown the Air2S for 171hours and the Lite+ for about 35h and it's way better drone except for the agility of the DJI drone (300gr less weight and upwards OA sensors) and the fact the battery of the DJI RC-N1 controller last for 9 flights or more while the one on the Lite/Nano only last for 3 flights, but Autel controller is more comfortable and it can be charged while being used with a powerbank if you need extra juice for the fourth fly in a row.

Lite+ is the way to go if you live on a country with lots of Aeroscope system and antidrone patrols (ie Spain, France, Germany, UK, etc). Mavic 3 is better but it's on a higher tier, costing about 1.000€/$ more for the combo and the image quality (talking about photography) is about the same as the Lite+ but with softer corners. I'm curious to see what Autel brings with the Evo III and it's rumored 4/3 sensor, wich would be the real counterpart of the M3.

PS: Of course this is my opinion based on my experience, both DJI and Autel and great drones, was quite happy with the 2S till I realized the Aeroscope privacy veneration thing and I probably had a Mavic 3 if they didn't transmit your telemetry.

Last edited:
Camera on the lite is way sharper than the Air2S camera (comapring DNGs on Rawdigger), specially on the corners. Air2S has a greater FOV but quality is not that good.
Props in the shot are a thing both for the Lite+ and the Air2S, but in the Lite+ happens less frequently.
Tilted horizon also happens in both drones, being less frequent on the Lite+ (I live near the sea, so I can notice it easily).
Transmission range is also way better than Air2S, even the Air2S working in FCC can't beat the Lite+ in CE mode, mostly because Lite+ can degrade the video quality way further than the Air2s, with just quits and enters RTH as soon as the video link degrades a bit.
At the moment the Lite+ camera moves a bit by it's own, so long exposures and hyperlapse are not a thing yet (that's why I said it needs a bit of polishing, hope the next firmware update fixes it).
The flight time of the Air2S is also a joke, in any condition the Lite+ will fly for about 10 minutes more. I'm getting 28-30 minutes flight time on long range flights while on the Air2S I only got 15-19 minutes for the most part. 40Wh battery vs nearly 70Wh battery. In a more stationary flight, where you don't spend the battery travelling, one battery on the Lite+ is all you need.

Lite+ will get most of the things fixed in the next update (12 bit DNGs, more video options, etc).

On the other hand Autel drones don't violate your privacy transmitting all your data and telemetry to Aeroscope systems nearby without you having any control over it.

I've flown the Air2S for 171hours and the Lite+ for about 35h and it's way better drone except for the agility of the DJI drone (300gr less weight and upwards OA sensors) and the fact the battery of the DJI RC-N1 controller last for 9 flights or more while the one on the Lite/Nano only last for 3 flights, but Autel controller is more comfortable and it can be charged while being used with a powerbank if you need extra juice for the fourth fly in a row.

Lite+ is the way to go if you live on a country with lots of Aeroscope system and antidrone patrols (ie Spain, France, Germany, UK, etc). Mavic 3 is better but it's on a higher tier, costing about 1.000€/$ more for the combo and the image quality (talking about photography) is about the same as the Lite+ but with softer corners. I'm curious to see what Autel brings with the Evo III and it's rumored 4/3 sensor, wich would be the real counterpart of the M3.

PS: Of course this is my opinion based on my experience, both DJI and Autel and great drones, was quite happy with the 2S till I realized the Aeroscope privacy veneration thing and I probably had a Mavic 3 if they didn't transmit your telemetry.
Wow, that’s quite a novel stressing pretty much the same points you already made. Sharpness in cameras is not something I’m particularly fond of. But hey, that’s subjective. I’m not here to get in a pee pee sword fight over drone specs. I own both these quads. So I don’t have a dog in this fight. I’m not paranoid about my telemetry being broadcast because I have nothing to hide.

Wow, that’s quite a novel stressing pretty much the same points you already made. Sharpness in cameras is not something I’m particularly fond of. But hey, that’s subjective. I’m not here to get in a pee pee sword fight over drone specs. I own both these quads. So I don’t have a dog in this fight. I’m not paranoid about my telemetry being broadcast because I have nothing to hide.

That depends mostly on the country you are flying, and the anti drone police behaviour.

On countries with lighter drone rules It doesn't matter that much, but in countries where drones are so restricted that we can clearly say that they are basically forbidden, (ie France or Spain) having a drone that violates your privacy means that sooner or later you'll end up with 4 digit fines for just taking pictures of the sunset.

Following the topic about agility, I've been playing with the controller settings and changing them from 30-30, 60-60 and 90-120 to 90-90 for all three modes is solving the problem for the most part. Having the value the same for the three modes makes you retain the movement memory better and a setting of 90 removes the "sluggish" feel on smooth and standard modes, specially on the gimbal wheel. Also 120 for ludicrous mode felt too much for me.

If you don't like the Lite+ then just return it to the dealer, I don't see the point on having a Mavic 3 plus a Lite+ because privacy concerns and geofencing aside, Mavic 3 is clearly a better drone.

That depends mostly on the country you are flying, and the anti drone police behaviour.

On countries with lighter drone rules It doesn't matter that much, but in countries where drones are so restricted that we can clearly say that they are basically forbidden, (ie France or Spain) having a drone that violates your privacy means that sooner or later you'll end up with 4 digit fines for just taking pictures of the sunset.

Following the topic about agility, I've been playing with the controller settings and changing them from 30-30, 60-60 and 90-120 to 90-90 for all three modes is solving the problem for the most part. Having the value the same for the three modes makes you retain the movement memory better and a setting of 90 removes the "sluggish" feel on smooth and standard modes, specially on the gimbal wheel. Also 120 for ludicrous mode felt too much for me.

If you don't like the Lite+ then just return it to the dealer, I don't see the point on having a Mavic 3 plus a Lite+ because privacy concerns and geofencing aside, Mavic 3 is clearly a better drone.
The lite+ , as designed, shoots spectacular video at night. No DJI can beat it.

Latest threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sky3d