Welcome, Autel Pilots!
Join our free Autel drone community today!
Join Us

Another Autel Explorer update - still no EVO 1 updates

No, I don't think it will have any new functions. It will be like the X-Star after the release of Evo 1.
Why put new functions on an old drone when you can put them on the new one to boost sales.
When a new car model comes out compared to yours, the manufacturer is not going to put all the new improvements on any old model. It becomes anti-commercial.

No, I don't think it will have any new functions. It will be like the X-Star after the release of Evo 1.
Why put new functions on an old drone when you can put them on the new one to boost sales.
When a new car model comes out compared to yours, the manufacturer is not going to put all the new improvements on any old model. It becomes anti-commercial.
I underwtand what you’re saying (regarding EVO vs X-Star) but in this case it’s slightly different, because 1)EVO and EVO II use the same app i.e. Autel Explorer (granted, there’s obviously different code for each drone series), and 2) There are features of Autel Explorer (for EVO) which literally don’t work as they should (see my other post regarding altitude vs overlap)

I feel it’s at least their obligation, if they don’t want to disenfranchise EVO users so much that they choose another manufacturers instead of upgrading one day to EVO II, that they at least address some of the aspects of their software which are literally not working properly. There is literally no reason why Autel Explorer for EVO miscalculated overlap for different altitudes other than sub-standard programming. It’s basic math / trigonometry. This is not due to a technical limitation of the EVO. It’s a simple math oversight in the code. A company who cared about their customer base would address such an obvious mistake.

If this is their sales strategy - to disregard a recently released product - I don’t see them succeeding.

Call me naive, but addressing an item such as the one I mentioned above is not too big an ask. In fact, it’s a reasonable expectation that a coder fixes faulty code when it’s pointed out. If Autel thinks it is too much of an ask, there’s literally no way I will continue buying their drones.

Last edited:
"there’s literally no way I will continue buying their drones."
What I did ................ Until the Evo 2 follows ripe ............. Incognito.png

This means that for me the Evo 2 is not yet finished, is still too young and still has a lot of corrections to be had in view of the feedback from the pilots.
This is why at the beginning of June, I bought a Mavic 2 Pro, well seasoned from the point of view of flight software and which has made me over 60 flights for a month without any problem.

This means that for me the Evo 2 is not yet finished, is still too young and still has a lot of corrections to be had in view of the feedback from the pilots.
This is why at the beginning of June, I bought a Mavic 2 Pro, well seasoned from the point of view of flight software and which has made me over 60 flights for a month without any problem.
Ok now I understand. I think I am leaning in that direction too

Autel is surely laser focused on fixing the bugs that are being made apparent on YouTube and elsewhere, to show support responsiveness and ensure the success of the Evo 2 - if it flopped there might not be an Evo 3. Hopefully once some of this calms down with the app bugs and other limitations that Evo 1 gets some love too, and that these changes can find their way back upstream. Don't know though.

Reactions: Nightbat2
Autel is surely laser focused on fixing the bugs that are being made apparent on YouTube and elsewhere, to show support responsiveness and ensure the success of the Evo 2 - if it flopped there might not be an Evo 3. Hopefully once some of this calms down with the app bugs and other limitations that Evo 1 gets some love too, and that these changes can find their way back upstream. Don't know though.
I’d really like to remain hopeful that the EVO will eventually get some much needed updates, specifically to its side of Autel Explorer

I just wish Autel would at least respond, even briefly, to comments on their YouTube videos, or to messages sent via their website.

But in my experience it’s tumbleweeds and crickets

It would be good if they RESTORED features that were in older versions of the software but which have disappeared from the latest versions. Waypoints is an example: you used to be able to choose camera direction and what the drone would do at the end of a mission. The first has disappeared and the second has been truncated so far as choices are concerned.

If you're using android at least you can revert to the older versions of the app if necessary.
Not sure whether these features are in software or firmware. But I have both Android and iOS tablets.

They are in the Explorer locigiel, but to find these functionalities, you must put on the tablet (Android) version V 1.0.1.45 specific to the Evo 1 only.
What I did to keep these functionalities.
It is completely useless to put Explorer Evo 1 / Evo 2 if you do not have the Evo 2. And in addition for to downgrade!

Reactions: butch
Oh well, here’s hoping that EVO 1 gets some much needed updates soon

I'm relatively new to the Autel scene, but didn't the Evo 1 go end of life the moment the Evo 2 was announced? ?‍♂️

DJI normally end their product updates and support as soon each successive model is made available, are Autel different?

Not true for phones though!

Reactions: ElectricPickle

Latest threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Wilson