Welcome, Autel Pilots!
Join our free Autel drone community today!
Join Us

Almost crashed on takeoff.

dmcfarlan

Reaction score
Yesterday I was taking off and when I lifted off the ground my EVO started flying sideways out of control. Almost looked like one of the props was not running by the way is was flying. I tried to land and the EVO was unresponsive. It only flew 10-15 feet this way and I was finally able to get it to land. This is the second time my EVO has done this. I am wondering if it is because I tried to lift off pretty quickly after I started the props. Anyone have any thoughts? The drone flew fine after that.

In the setting tab, Flight Control...
Do you have "Novice Mode" turned on???
If so, turn it off.
The EVO in that mode has a safe distance in which it will fly away from you if you are starting too close to it.
If you are a newbie, have you watched any start-up videos?
I recommend Jeff Sibelius's Videos

Last edited:
Novice mode is not on, unless for some reason the app changes it without me knowing.

Question? I see you just joined the forum. Are you a new pilot?
" I am wondering if it is because I tried to lift off pretty quickly after I started the props. "
This could be a possibility.
Did you check your satellite count before takeoff?
Maybe too close to a house or fence? Did you get a magnetic Interference warning ?
Try going to an open field and SLOWLY go through the take off procedures checking everything and then try a take off.
I usually start my engines and wait a few seconds , take off an hoover about 8' or so, for a good home location lock, and then continue my normal flight.
Be sure to check back with your results !

I've noticed that one prop will not start occasionally and the EVO 1 will still attempt to take off if you are not paying attention.

I've noticed that one prop will not start occasionally and the EVO 1 will still attempt to take off if you are not paying attention.
If this is happening, I suggest you contact Autel. It seems that one of the ESCs has gone bad and need replacement.

Reactions: Tufargon

Latest threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chuckster58