Welcome, Autel Pilots!
Join our free Autel drone community today!
Join Us

Alientech on EVO 2 Version 2?

Dale EVO 2 V2

Reaction score
Does anyone know if Alientech are still in business? I click on their links and they are dead for me.

Also does anyone have any ideas about putting on long(er) range antennas on their version 2 or version 1 smart controller from Autel EVO 2?

Just ordered my version 2 6K Pro and my version 2 smart controller from Autel EVO. Any information would be welcomed. Thanks.........Dale.

Yes there still with us ,
I think you may be talking about this picture below but these are not Links , there just letting you know what there compatible with once you do the Mod needed for the SC .

Phantomrain.org
Gear to fly your EVO 2 in the Rain and Capture the Storm.
2021-07-26_22h12_25.png

Last edited:
Yes so the Alien Dual Antenna is the same for all of the drones listed, they all utilize the screw on caps.

2021-07-26_22h48_30.png

you want to pick these Mini Aliens that snap right on for all the times
you dont need the monster. lol

2021-07-26_22h48_04.png

Phantomrain.org
Gear to fly your Evo 2 in the Rain.

Last edited:
Maybe I'm not getting it?

Would this work for the Autel EVO 2 Version 2 smart controller?

If so. How much would it cost to order it for my application?

You have to buy the mod for your Evo 2 SC that is separate from the Dual Antenna and you have to install it by taking the SC apart . there some videos out there.

Phantomrain.org
Gear to fly your EVO 2 in the Rain and Capture the storm.

Hello Dale,

Congrats again for taking the step with ordering both Evo 2 Pro V2 and SC V2, definitely will be an upgrade from the stock controller.

I tried the AlienTech booster with my Smartcontroller V1, Actually twice and seen no difference with both experiences identical on range. Flew the same path, with interference and obstacles and same elevation. This was the same AlienTech booster used with my Evo 2 controller with fantastic results, to be honest with the impressive results my Smartcontroller doesn’t need a booster.

Thats my experience, others may have more positive results but for me I didn’t see any difference.

Enjoy the new V2!

Just curious how many Kms. or miles did you fly before losing signal on both controllers?

Supposedly the V2 has 900 mhz, 2.4 GHz and 5.8 GHz.

See if that makes any difference. Thanks.............Dale.

First, it wasn’t a two different controller comparison. The test was using the SmartController with and without the AlienTech booster, both experienced the same. No Evo 2 stock controller involved, Just SmartController comparison using AlienTech booster with and without.

Test comparison at a low hilly mountain range, with large trees and rocks. Probably 1000 ft distance, it’s the rough terrain that blocks the signal. Trees, large boulders, hills etc that reduce signal. Ran the same course, same elevation and both results equal with or without booster and at 2.4. A user, can run comparison test without flying long range. Obstacles, such as what I deal with is a great area to run comparisons.

My hobby is searching for Spanish or early western American settlements from centuries ago, Adobe sites, remains of old pre-1780-1850 foundations and occasionally I will find an Native American village and these are from many many centuries ago. Mortar holes, Pictographs etc. With permission from range land owners, they allow me to fly on these properties. I do share with property owners what I found, this has opened many doors for me as many property owners are searching for information pertaining to their properties. Top end drones, need a strong transmission signal for those in the hobby of research. Not for distance, but for flying in areas with obstacles to complete a safe successful search.

Im thinking about getting a SC V2 in the future as well, but no Evo 2 V2. Instead, If they do come out with a Mini Evo that works with the SC V2. I’d definitely get this combo, I can use a smaller Evo especially with its own SV 2 to squeeze in tighter areas. And of course I’ll still have my Evo 2 Pro V1 and SV V1, not letting these go or trade them in for a SC V2 thats crazy. Do the math, better off keeping the SV V1 and buy the V2 combo as a spare.

Good luck, keep us posted with the new Evo 2 V2 and SC V2.

Last edited:
Sounds like you are doing good work. Unfortunately your EVO 2 version 1 will only work with EVO 2 version 1 smart controller. Randall Warnas who is the new CEO of Autel says that you will be able to trade in the version 1 smart controller but I'm not sure about the EVO 2 version 1 drone? These two have specific chipsets that will NOT work with any version 2 drones or version 2 smart controllers. I would believe you already know that. Regards............Dale.

Reactions: Waldo Pepper
Yes so the Alien Dual Antenna is the same for all of the drones listed, they all utilize the screw on caps.

View attachment 11150

you want to pick these Mini Aliens that snap right on for all the times
you dont need the monster. lol

View attachment 11151

Phantomrain.org
Good info! I bought the Alientech Pro set up, had the EVO 2 RC professionally modified, and now need some help.

1. How do you fit the Alientech Pro onto the modified EVO 2 controller, as the snap on attachments don't line up? The dIstance between the two EVO 2 connectors is too narrow, as the Alientech Pro was designed for a wider DJI antenna width.

2. Once you have it successfully connected, how do you support the weight of the Alientech Pro attached to the modified EVO 2 controller? Seems like it would quickly crack the plastic around the snap on connectors on the EVO 2 controller and break them, without some sort of a mount to support the extra weight with the internal batteries in the Alientech Pro.

3. Are you aware of a U.S. source for the Mini Aliens, so I don't have to wait for delivery from Alientech in China?

Thanks in advance!

Good info! I bought the Alientech Pro set up, had the EVO 2 RC professionally modified, and now need some help.

1. How do you fit the Alientech Pro onto the modified EVO 2 controller, as the snap on attachments don't line up? The dIstance between the two EVO 2 connectors is too narrow, as the Alientech Pro was designed for a wider DJI antenna width.

2. Once you have it successfully connected, how do you support the weight of the Alientech Pro attached to the modified EVO 2 controller? Seems like it would quickly crack the plastic around the snap on connectors on the EVO 2 controller and break them, without some sort of a mount to support the extra weight with the internal batteries in the Alientech Pro.

3. Are you aware of a U.S. source for the Mini Aliens, so I don't have to wait for delivery from Alientech in China?

Thanks in advance!
I'll answer my own questions, in case anyone else has the same issues, as Lucas at CovertDrones.com helped me out tonight with all the answers. I highly recommend him for the install conversion and the Alientech Pro purchase!

1. If you remove the silver, knurled screw rings, you can then slide the snap-on connectors closer together (all the way to the very inside of the available range on each) and replace the knurled screw rings back over the snap on adapters to tighten them back down securely into the new narrower position that will fit the EVO 2 modded controller, and allow the Alientech Pro antenna to properly snap on, with an audible click on each side. Default original wider width is for DJI only.

2. Not needed. Very secure, and well balanced, once snapped on. Pro Tip: To remove the Alientech Pro, pry one connector apart first, by inserting fingers in between, followed by the second one. Don't even try pulling either of the two sets of snap on connectors apart, as you can potentially damage both sides that way! Be gentle, but firm.

3. CovertDrones.com sells them ($20) and Lucas is expecting them in his next shipment.

Reactions: phantomrain.org
There is a Learning curve on getting it on and off , and making sure you spiral the right way so it does come off, not to mention remembering to turn it on , lol

Can you post a picture of the $ 20 part as I am not sure what that is ?

Phantomrain.org

There is a Learning curve on getting it on and off , and making sure you spiral the right way so it does come off, not to mention remembering to turn it on , lol

Can you post a picture of the $ 20 part as I am not sure what that is ?

Phantomrain.org
The snap on connectors require prying apart to remove, rather than unscrewing.
The $20 part is one you pictured holding in your hand above, the Mini Aliens, that can used for protection of the RC from frying itself when turned on, when the Alientech is removed, and for short range flying, similar to the stock antennas without the Alientech bulk.

The snap on connectors require prying apart to remove, rather than unscrewing.
The $20 part is one you pictured holding in your hand above, the Mini Aliens, that can used for protection of the RC from frying itself when turned on, when the Alientech is removed, and for short range flying, similar to the stock antennas without the Alientech bulk.
I was not aware of the possibility of frying the unit with no antennas ??

I have flown a couple times with no Antenna connected to about 2500 ft before loosing signal and than adding the dual back on or the Mini Aliens .

Phantomrain.org

Well, I just bought the Alientech Duo Pro. The 2.4 and 5.8 ghz power amplified antenna. It works on both the AUTEL and DJI drones and is easily switched from one remote to another. You just have to make sure the remote has the QMA quick release pins. Alientech only uses QMA adaptors. They don't use the screw on type SMA adapters. If I had a smart controller I would definitely be changing the SMA adapters to QMA or at least getting SMA to QMA adaptors in order to use Alientech antennae. Alientech may be the more expensive of all the antennas out there, but they are the strongest, in my opinion. I've used two other manufactures, They were bulky, too large and didn't perform nearly as well as the Alientech.

Shout out to Covert Drones. The owner is extremely knowledgeable and actually answers the phone when you call. He can do the antenna mods if you don't want to. I think he charges about 100 dollars to set up the remote with the QMA adapters for the Alientech line of antennas. The good thing about the Alientech DUO Pro Amplified Antenna is it can be used on remotes with just 2.4ghz or antennas with both 2.4 and 5.8 ghz. I actually tested that postulation and found it to be correct.

Last edited:
1. How do you fit the Alientech Pro onto the modified EVO 2 controller, as the snap on attachments don't line up? The distance between the two EVO 2 connectors is too narrow, as the Alientech Pro was designed for a wider DJI antenna width.
I ACTUALLY ATTACHED THE ALIENTECH PRO DUO AMPLIFIED ANTENNA TO MY AUTEL EVO 2 REMOTE. Yes, It didn't line up initially because the connectors on the antenna were to far apart. All I had to do was losen the circular screw mechanism on the antenna and then I was able to push them closer to the center of the antenna. after pushing them and retightening them, they fit the alientech remote just right.

I find that no support is needed. The plastic hold up well. I haven't had any problems with the weight.

COVERT DRONES is the Alientech distributor in the USA I use. He keeps all the Alientech products and parts in stock ready to order. You can get the antenna much faster. And the guy that runs the business actually picks up the phone!

Latest threads

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rudymuller