Welcome, Autel Pilots!
Join our free Autel drone community today!
Join Us

Alientech normal booster vs duo

Anzacjack

Reaction score
Just wondering if there is a decent difference between these two antennas for the evo2. I have the standard alientech, and to be honest its not much better than just putting good antennas on to replace the standard evo controller antennas.
I do have the smart controller on order, and if this is a good as it is saying then i wont need boosters anyway. I just like to have the best options available ??

Just wondering if there is a decent difference between these two antennas for the evo2. I have the standard alientech, and to be honest its not much better than just putting good antennas on to replace the standard evo controller antennas.
I do have the smart controller on order, and if this is a good as it is saying then i wont need boosters anyway. I just like to have the best options available ??
About 2db difference between 2.4 and Duo. So not really anything to write home about.

Haven’t tried the duel booster but did get the AlienTech Pro booster for my Evo 2 Controller, definitely a game changer increased transmission signal. Very noticeable over stock or after market whip antennas, my experience with Alientech Pro was terrific.

I don’t think you’ll need to add on an amplifier to the Smart Controller, should have plenty of signal penetration. That’s great you’re got one preordered, Congratulations!

i would prefer to keep the Smart Controller stock, keep it as light as possible if possible.

Congrats again preordering the Smart Controller!
Paul

Reactions: Anzacjack
I have the Alientech booster and agree it is much needed on the standard remote, however I have preordered the smart controller and interestingly Alientech have told me that they have been testing the 8 mile claim (which they have doubts over) and are currently designing adapters and add ons for the smart controller. I am hoping and expecting the smart controller to offer just as much range if not more than the standard remote with Alientech booster.

the biggest issue for us down under is the FCC mode baked into the controller. I found that the standard alientech does not add significant range over just using better antennas. Im also assuming this will be the case for the smart controller.
Currently my range is around 3kms/1.8miles
I cant imagine ever flying further than this as this seems extreme to me, but i would like that option for when Im out west and may want to push it a little further

Latest threads

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
redwingaerials