Welcome, Autel Pilots!
Join our free Autel drone community today!
Join Us

Aircraft Nearby Warning.

jmags549

Reaction score
Hi, I'm just putting this question out there because I am new to Autel drones. Just picked up and EVO Lite+ and I was wondering if the Autel Sky App has a way of warning me about near by aircraft in the area? I have some experience with DJI drones and the DJI fly app gives me an audio warning that an aircraft is near by. If the Autel Sky app does not do this can anyone recommend a third party app that I can use on my mobile device along side the Sky app to warning me. Any advice is appreciated.

the short answer is i guess you can use flightaware.

it's called ads-b if you want to search the forum, i think someone mentioned earlier how it might work with autel.

I use FlightRadar24 whenever I fly. It's another thing to monitor though, so be careful.

Just be aware that whether you're using ADS-B site or Flightaware24, there are gaps in coverage and they don't show 100% of the airborne crafts
Good point. I see aircraft that don't show up on ADSB frequently. Keep an ear out as well.

Hi, I'm just putting this question out there because I am new to Autel drones. Just picked up and EVO Lite+ and I was wondering if the Autel Sky App has a way of warning me about near by aircraft in the area? I have some experience with DJI drones and the DJI fly app gives me an audio warning that an aircraft is near by. If the Autel Sky app does not do this can anyone recommend a third party app that I can use on my mobile device along side the Sky app to warning me. Any advice is appreciated.
I have to ask why you’re flying anywhere near aircraft? DJI drones aren’t really a problem because they’re GeoFenced and can’t fly in controlled airspace. If you’re flying close enough to an airport or so high you could be in controlled airspace you could be setting yourself up for big trouble. Please save yourself some headache and download the “Before You Fly” app.

I have to ask why you’re flying anywhere near aircraft? DJI drones aren’t really a problem because they’re GeoFenced and can’t fly in controlled airspace. If you’re flying close enough to an airport or so high you could be in controlled airspace you could be setting yourself up for big trouble. Please save yourself some headache and download the “Before You Fly” app.
half the time i fly, i'm flying in controlled airspace. i always get laanc authorization and im usually in the 200 grid although not uncommon to be in the 400 grid. aircraft in the area respect this ceiling but helicopters don't always so i still have to look out for them. all of my dji aircraft will fly in controlled airspace. while i'm at 200, i can see nearby aircraft easily but im still concerned and would appreciate having the warning so i don't want them to see a drone and log a "near" miss. the appropriate action (for me) to take when aircraft are nearby is to lower your altitude.

less of a problem for me in uncontrolled except again, the helicopters.

Gotcha, same here. Almost all of the real eastate i shoot requires LAANC. I’m in the aviation biz and there’s a couple ADSB out units coming to market for sUAS birds. Plenty of threads on the rule changes coming down the pike. Good Luck.

At present, the Nano/lite series hardware does not support ADS-B; there is a human-machine warning function in it; pure software cannot realize the warning function;

Latest threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chuckster58