Welcome, Autel Pilots!
Join our free Autel drone community today!
Join Us

Aircraft disconnections. Evo lite+

30plusretlaw

Reaction score
after suffering many disconnections, I try a new cable and the disconnections stopped for a few flights. Today I updated the drone and app. used the factory cable and flew away for 1587 feet and the drone disconnected and returned home. I used a new cable, the drone flew 1537 feet, the video started to get choppy, and at 1557 feet, the drone returned home. The only interference I have is a few trees between the drone and me. Tomorrow I will go to an open field and try again. If the drone disconnects again with no interference between the drone and me, I will be trying Autel care. Autel claims 5 miles reception which is 26400 feet, so mine is not even close to a mile. Other than the disconnections, which is huge and happy with the drone and I hope with new updates it will reach its full potential.

It may still be cable problem, factory cable on remote side is straight and prone to bent.
I use a 3rd party cable with right angle connectors and everything is fine.

Reactions: 30plusretlaw
It may still be cable problem, factory cable on remote side is straight and prone to bent.
I use a 3rd party cable with right angle connectors and everything is fine.
Can you tell me we’re you got it? I bought 3 other cables but they are all straight at bot ends. Thanks

Put the phone in airplane mode and point the controller towards the drone, if Wi-Fi, 4G/5G or Bluetooth are active on the phone while flying they will interfere the signal of the controller because the antenna and the phone are super close and all those technologies work use roughly the same bandwidth.

As far as you keep the drone within unobstructed line of sight, you should be able to hit 5-7Km at less than 120m altitude with no problems in CE mode.

PS: Trees kill the signal quite fast, in an obstructed environment... 500m-1Km in CE mode and maybe a little more in FCC mode.

Put the phone in airplane mode and point the controller towards the drone, if Wi-Fi, 4G/5G or Bluetooth are active on the phone while flying they will interfere the signal of the controller because the antenna and the phone are super close and all those technologies work use roughly the same bandwidth.

As far as you keep the drone within unobstructed line of sight, you should be able to hit 5-7Km at less than 120m altitude with no problems in CE mode.

PS: Trees kill the signal quite fast, in an obstructed environment... 500m-1Km in CE mode and maybe a little more in FCC mode.
Thanks for the tips. I will try that tomorrow. I’m going to an open field with no obstructions.

Well, I got up this morning, got ready to go fly the drone, and test for disconnections and my controller refuse to charge. Use the PS5 controller cable to see if it was the cable and nothing, plug the cable to my phone block to see if the Autel charger was bad....and nothing either. The controller still powers up since I had 1 line of power but is not charging. Now I don't know if the update kill my controller or the controller was the culprit of the disconnect problems. I have never dropped the controller or abused it since I take good care of my stuff and have a case to protect both the drone and controller. This plain sucks, the worse part........I ordered from Autelpilot.com. Sadly, I didn't know about them until I came here. The price was great and they claim to have warehouses in the US with drones ready to ship, which turn out to be a lie. I just called Autel and I have to wait till 11 am my time. I check my Autel care insurance and it shows on the website that I'm covered but I want this to be solved under the drone 2 years warranty.

Last edited:
  • Sad
Reactions: gophcc
Talk about going from bad to worse...and no support for any of this...crazy..

Latest threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
redwingaerials