Welcome, Autel Pilots!
Join our free Autel drone community today!
Join Us

After software update Evo made me do a emergency landing and wouldn’t fly faster than 9mph!

easyheimer

Reaction score
I don’t know what happened this morning but my Evo lost connection with the controller, and when I got it back it wouldn’t go any faster than 9mph in RTH. I checked my speed and it was on Standard and max speed was 22mph. It didn’t make it home and I had to do an emergency landing a couple roads down. Luckily I was able to get it to safe ground and not end up in the trees. Towards the end of the flight during RTH, I went into the settings and changed the speed in Standard mode from 22mph to 11mph then back to 22mph and it seemed to fix it. Still didn’t make it though.

Has anyone else experienced this after the update?

What update, the Autel Explorer for Evo 1 and 2?
Why want to put an application not yet finalized, still in Beta and more advanced to work with the Evo 2 when the Autel Explorer for the Evo 1 V1.0.1.45 works perfectly and is without known bug.
Perhaps the bug in the common application he had with the Evo 2 was carried over to the 1?
I do not take the risk of playing with an application still in the development phase with the risk of losing a device.

As on Dji, my motto has always been, when you find a firmware and a software that works perfectly, do not change anymore.

Last edited:
Reactions: Drgnfli
I updated my EVO Yesterday (3-14-20) and made two long test flights (time wise)
(Using two batteries) keeping LOS just to be sure.
It lost connection a number of times where I know I have flown further before.
in the past, I would get the warning, still be able to fly further, and when the screen lost video,
I was always able to turn it back to me and fly home, until the video regained connection.
Yesterday, I just got a red warning, LOST CONNECTION, and it returned to home.
Distance flown was about 1180 ft from me, not far.
I know I was flying over the hill, height flown was 200 ft. Not high.
Going out today and fly again to test out some of the orbit modes and flight planner.
Below is a screen shot of one flight when the Lost Connection occured, noted in red lines.

Screenshot_2020-03-15-10-15-31.jpg

Latest threads

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kingraja