Welcome, Autel Pilots!
Join our free Autel drone community today!
Join Us

AEB - Any way to change the exposure order??

AnCoats

Reaction score
I love the raw stills image from the EVO2 Pro 6K but baffled as to why the darkest exposure is the first? On my DJI Air2S/Phantom 4 Pro V2 etc the darkest exposure is generally the 2nd shot in 3 AEB but on this drone it's the first causing a challenge to properly frame when it has to be a dark exposure at the outset!
There needs to be an option to put the actual true exposure as the framing exposure like this 0/-3/+3 for 3AEB etc in the settings.

I use it 90% of the time, but I'm not clear on what the issue is. I simply merge thes shots to HDR in LRC. What is the framing exposure?
The framing exposure is the main exposure but it becomes the 'lowest' exposure in the AEB series so the 'normal' and +3EV are then too overexposed.
it's pretty dumb how they have set it up. I own several cameras and drone and none have this issue.

The framing exposure is the main exposure but it becomes the 'lowest' exposure in the AEB series so the 'normal' and +3EV are then too overexposed.
it's pretty dumb how they have set it up. I own several cameras and drone and none have this issue.
Interesting. When I shoot 3 AEB I get three exposures that appear to be: under exposed, properly exposed and over exposed, in that order. The first doesn't seem to be 'normal'; the second appears to be. I am flying today so I'll do some testing to compare single shot to the 3 AEB.

I'm back from flying. It's a sunny day. Camera set to AEB 3 and auto. When I take a single shot the exposure is iso 100, f 2.8 and 1/2000. When I take a bracketed shot the exposures are all iso 100 and f 2.8, and the shutter speeds are 1/3000, 1/1900 and 1/1150, in that order. So it looks to me like the second shot is the framing exposure of 1/1900 and the first and third shots are under and over.

Maybe I'm missing something. What are you seeing?

Interesting. When I shoot 3 AEB I get three exposures that appear to be: under exposed, properly exposed and over exposed, in that order. The first doesn't seem to be 'normal'; the second appears to be. I am flying today so I'll do some testing to compare single shot to the 3 AEB.
Yes the first exposure is the under exposed. This is what I am trying to figure out how to change it. If I expose normally, then the supposed under exposed image is the normal image and the normal and overexposed images are even moreso over.

I'm back from flying. It's a sunny day. Camera set to AEB 3 and auto. When I take a single shot the exposure is iso 100, f 2.8 and 1/2000. When I take a bracketed shot the exposures are all iso 100 and f 2.8, and the shutter speeds are 1/3000, 1/1900 and 1/1150, in that order. So it looks to me like the second shot is the framing exposure of 1/1900 and the first and third shots are under and over.

Maybe I'm missing something. What are you seeing?
Not for me it isn't!

Last edited:
Now I have a MAvic 3 Classic, it might be time to sell the EVO 2 6K, great image but limiting functions are a joke.....
Autel doesn't give a shiit.

Latest threads

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Elio-Italy