Welcome, Autel Pilots!
Join our free Autel drone community today!
Join Us

Advice for if you lose your drone

Tufargon

Reaction score
Well, I've been frequenting the Mavic forum since I now own one and I see a lot of people losing their drones and someone mentioned that they put a text file on the sd card with contact information to return it. I have no clue why I never thought of or heard of anyone doing that till now but thought I'd share that with you guys. I understand that you need to put your FAA information on it but most people that find them don't know what to do with that info.
Happy flying!!

it's good advice to label equipment if you want it back but a text file won't work for me because I reformat my micro sd card just prior to my first flight of the day and that usually happens in the field. instead I would rely on simply putting my details on a sticker and placing it within the battery compartment unlike where the faa number would be located outside. personally I would never stick a rogue memory card into any of my own equipment (not sure the police would either) but I'm sure there are people out there who are curious and don't understand the risks.

personally I would never stick a rogue memory card into any of my own equipment (not sure the police would either) but I'm sure there are people out there who are curious and don't understand the risks.

Yup you never know when Russia or China is going to send over a bunch of UAVs and have rogue memory cards in them just to crash your PC. Best to be safe for sure :rolleyes:

Reactions: Rubik3x
I put no identifying marks or writing on my EVO whatsoever but I do attach a tiny radio tracking beacon if I am making a long distance flight. I can then hunt it down if necessary.

Latest threads

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bigmaxsg