Welcome, Autel Pilots!
Join our free Autel drone community today!
Join Us

__== Which VR Goggles is Good for my Autel Evo?__++

optimummind

Reaction score
Hi guys,

My Autel Evo is my first-ever drone and I'm really enjoying this thing~! I've already invested in two extra batteries and now I'm looking to get some decent-quality VR Goggles. I've already scoured Amazon, eBay, and Best Buy and I'm finding that most of them have so-so or just middling reviews.

Do you guys have any recommendations? My price range is up to $100.

Do you think this one from Best Buy will be compatible and be good?

https://www.bestbuy.com/site/kaiser-baas-vr-x-virtual-reality-headset/6135330.p?skuId=6135330

Best regards

How do you plan to connect it? I don't think the controller has an hdmi port and if it doesn't you'll need a tablet with one so that you can connect IT to the goggles. I have a tablet with an hdmi port and if i were going to hook up goggles I'd get this set. Eachine Goggles Two 5 Inches 5.8G Diversity 40CH Raceband HD 1080p FPV Goggles for RC Drone

The Evo controller has two ports - microUSB and USB Type-A.

I was planning on using the Autel-provided microUSB to USB Type C cable to connect between the controller and my Galaxy S9+. Then pop in the Galaxy S9+ to a VR headset. Then inside the Autel Explorer app, choose VR. Is that right?

Edit: I think I'll need to buy a longer microUSB to USB Type C cable though.

I'm not sure.. I was basing my options on what I had researched as my best option for the XSP.

I was planning on using the Autel-provided microUSB to USB Type C cable to connect between the controller and my Galaxy S9+. Then pop in the Galaxy S9+ to a VR headset. Then inside the Autel Explorer app, choose VR. Is that right?

The same type goggles as you linked to in Best Buy can be gotten from eBay directly from Hong Kong or China for $5 bucks, they are not that great, I've used them with Litchi and my Inspire, it's very tough to get good optics and adjustments enough to fit everyone's needs. The Zeiss goggles that are advertised on Best Buy have gotten great reviews and are about $40 at BB but you can also get them new and used on eBay fur good amount less. I find goggles to be very difficult, specially VR goggles that use your phone. I opted to go the HDMI route and purposely purchased a pre owned Nvidia Shield with an HDMI port and Yuneec Skyview goggles they have a great clear screen (single screen) which works so well it allows you to see focus very well.and they are found from various sources now for about $50, I think Yuneec has phased them out. I thought I was getting a great deal when I got them and actually paid like $75 if I remember correctly. But out of the phone based ones I would think the Zeiss will have better optics as they manufacture photographic lenses for the top camera manufacturers, All that said, keep in mid flying with goggles is illegal unless you have a spotter you cannot fly alone.

Reactions: optimummind
The same type goggles as you linked to in Best Buy can be gotten from eBay directly from Hong Kong or China for $5 bucks, they are not that great, I've used them with Litchi and my Inspire, it's very tough to get good optics and adjustments enough to fit everyone's needs. The Zeiss goggles that are advertised on Best Buy have gotten great reviews and are about $40 at BB but you can also get them new and used on eBay fur good amount less. I find goggles to be very difficult, specially VR goggles that use your phone. I opted to go the HDMI route and purposely purchased a pre owned Nvidia Shield with an HDMI port and Yuneec Skyview goggles they have a great clear screen (single screen) which works so well it allows you to see focus very well.and they are found from various sources now for about $50, I think Yuneec has phased them out. I thought I was getting a great deal when I got them and actually paid like $75 if I remember correctly. But out of the phone based ones I would think the Zeiss will have better optics as they manufacture photographic lenses for the top camera manufacturers, All that said, keep in mid flying with goggles is illegal unless you have a spotter you cannot fly alone.

Thx for the info! So if I'm understanding it correctly, I have two options, right?

(1) Use a smartphone VR goggle like the Zeiss one and use a longer USB Type C to microUSB cable and use my Galaxy S9+.

Or

(2) Buy a tablet with HDMI and a VR goggle with HDMI. If this scenario, I'll need two cables, right? One cable to connect from the controller to the tablet and one cable to connect from the tablet to the VR google.

Thx for the info! So if I'm understanding it correctly, I have two options, right?

(1) Use a smartphone VR goggle like the Zeiss one and use a longer USB Type C to microUSB cable and use my Galaxy S9+.

Or

(2) Buy a tablet with HDMI and a VR goggle with HDMI. If this scenario, I'll need two cables, right? One cable to connect from the controller to the tablet and one cable to connect from the tablet to the VR google.
Only answering the second option. Yes.

Or

Correct USB and HDMI

Hi guys,

My Autel Evo is my first-ever drone and I'm really enjoying this thing~! I've already invested in two extra batteries and now I'm looking to get some decent-quality VR Goggles. I've already scoured Amazon, eBay, and Best Buy and I'm finding that most of them have so-so or just middling reviews.

https://www.bestbuy.com/site/kaiser-baas-vr-x-virtual-reality-headset/6135330.p?skuId=6135330

Best regards
If you are willing to spend up to $100, I would recommend getting the Samsung gear VR goggles. Probably the best vr goggles for phones.

If you are willing to spend up to $100, I would recommend getting the Samsung gear VR goggles. Probably the best vr goggles for phones.

I already considered the Samsung Gear VR but it won't work because I cannot get a cable inside the VR unit. Autel Support confirmed that for me as well. I need to use a smartphone VR goggle where the USB cable can exit the goggle housing in order to connect to the controller.

Reactions: bob_erqs
I already considered the Samsung Gear VR but it won't work because I cannot get a cable inside the VR unit.
Not trying to be funny, as I'm also seeking a solution, but if the Gear VR is cheap enough, couldn't you just drill a hole for the cable? Oh, I now see why... because of the way the headset holds the phone (on the left and right sides, not top and bottom).

Last edited:
If the phone is in the headset, how will you tap the commands ?

Did you ask Autel if you can have 2 controllers running at the same time?

Hi guys,

Best regards

Hi,

I know this is a bit old, but I'm curious to see what you ended up using.

I have the EVO II and I've been looking at the Samsung Gear VR and was wondering if/how it would work because of no access to the phone directly into the controller. I have a Samsung Note 8, which is why I'd prefer another Samsung component.

I was just looking at the Google Daydream as a cheap alternative.

Hi,

I know this is a bit old, but I'm curious to see what you ended up using.

I have the EVO II and I've been looking at the Samsung Gear VR and was wondering if/how it would work because of no access to the phone directly into the controller. I have a Samsung Note 8, which is why I'd prefer another Samsung component.

I was just looking at the Google Daydream as a cheap alternative.
It will not work. Already tried.

It will not work. Already tried.
Thanks for the quick reply, but which will not work? I see the Gear VR probably won't, but what about something like the Google Daydream?
Do you know what does? I'll probably give Autel a call this morning and see if they can help too.

Gear VR wont work. Daydream or any cheap VR headset where you can connect your phone to the remote will work.

Latest threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chuckster58