Welcome, Autel Pilots!
Join our free Autel drone community today!
Join Us

8k, V1 to 6K V2 gimbal swap?

rangerb3

Reaction score
I have an Evo II 8k, v1 and bought a used 6K gimbal/camera today. I found out that it was removed from an Evo II Pro Enterprise, v2. Will the v2 camera work on my v1 evo II? I know the gimbal is identical but not sure if the camera or firmware on the v2 will work on my v1....

I emailed Autel Cust Service today but have not heard from them yet....

Thanks for your help and advice.

Hi, I swap v1\v2 6k\Dual gimbals several times a day- no problem. But I would recommend running the FW update after installing the new camera

Reactions: Junior
That's great! I had planned on doing a firmware update after doing the swap since it effectively turns my Evo 8k into a "Pro" model.

I have gotten two responses from Autel telling me to buy a version 2 Pro drone that swappin a v1 to a v2 camera would not work on my v1 chassie!

I changed 6K and 640T between V1 and V2 all the time last year with no issues, just make sure updates and calibrations are good before flight (like ivolin said)

Thanks guys for your encouragements...I'll post my results when I get it installed.

Gimbal swap worked great!

I updated my TriplTek 7 APK to Beta v2.02 and then upgraded the Evo 2 standard controller Firmware to v2.7.37. Even before upgrading all of the software/firmware, the smart controller automatically recognized that I had connected a 6K gimbal but I went ahead and updated everything for good measure.

I did a gimbal, controller, & compass calibrations before flying. I have 3 batteries, should I go through the firmware calibration for each battery?

Not each firmware update packageiincludes an update to the battery management firmware. I would check the version table to verify. If the battery module version on the beta is the same you have now then should not need to.

Not each firmware update packageiincludes an update to the battery management firmware. I would check the version table to verify. If the battery module version on the beta is the same you have now then should not need to.
Ok, will do...I would compare the battery management versions between the old version that I upgraded from to the new version to see if there were any changes....if they are not the same then do the upgrade for each battery.

I understand...Thanks!

Evo II gimbal payloads freely swap prior to the V3. Backwards-incompatibility with V3 is because of the new video transmission link (or so I gather)

Latest threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bigmaxsg