Welcome, Autel Pilots!
Join our free Autel drone community today!
Join Us

6K camera image distortion

davshev

Reaction score
I noticed something odd while shooting video with an Evo II pro I bought from someone. At the far left of the frame there is band of light distortion running from top to bottom. It's mostly noticeable while shooting video. I updated the firmware, but it doesn't seem to make a difference. Also tried it with and without an ND filter.
I can zoom the frame a little and it goes away, but that's not exactly the fix I was looking for. See photo.

Attachments

• flare copy.jpg
    flare copy.jpg
    923.7 KB · Views: 23
I noticed something odd while shooting video with an Evo II pro I bought from someone. At the far left of the frame there is band of light distortion running from top to bottom. It's mostly noticeable while shooting video. I updated the firmware, but it doesn't seem to make a difference. Also tried it with and without an ND filter.
I can zoom the frame a little and it goes away, but that's not exactly the fix I was looking for. See photo.

That is odd and you actually have the problem on both sides of the frame, but it is more distinctive on the left side. You mentioned ND filter, has the factory UV filter been removed or replaced? I see problems like these when aftermarket filters are used.

Also, does it do this even when the image is properly exposed? The reference image is pretty badly overexposed.

That is odd and you actually have the problem on both sides of the frame, but it is more distinctive on the left side. You mentioned ND filter, has the factory UV filter been removed or replaced? I see problems like these when aftermarket filters are used.

Also, does it do this even when the image is properly exposed? The reference image is pretty badly overexposed
I've used ND filters on my other Evo II pro and never had a problem with it. Haven't done any test shots with different exposure.

Last edited:
I would test bringing the exposure down, trying a different profile (LOG is the only profile that I use) and also maybe trying a different video editor, possibly there's a preset or something in the video editor that is causing it.

Also, do you see the same thing in photos? I would try taking a JPG photo so that all processing is done in camera and comparing that to the video output.

Reactions: JerryPikePhoto
I'm seeing the light distortion even on the screen of my camera and controller, which leads me to think it might be an issue with the camera itself.

Attachments

• screen.jpg
    screen.jpg
    210.9 KB · Views: 9

Latest threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bigmaxsg