Welcome, Autel Pilots!
Join our free Autel drone community today!
Join Us

4k from Evo seems tighter than 4k from 4K other cams. is this possible?

Rorysee

Reaction score
I have 2 editing PC's. They handle 4K mp4 "compatible" from Gopro black 7 and other vid cams ok. 4K EVO HEVC h265 my pc's battles like eating gravel. even the h264 mp4 . the footage looks great so my other option is shoot 2.7 and that's good enough for my needs. or buy a PC that can grind gravel. what are you folks doing? anyone else battling?

one option is to process the data = 4k video file into image sequences through software like tmpgen. maintain the frame rate and 4k = so bigger files = PC can handle this no problemo. . space is cheap these days and then render into delivery format. DCP digital packaging even in 1080p looks amazing. can't wait to see what the evo footage looks like in a dcp format. it must look insane. would be on par with imax

Last edited:
Why not just use Proxy's to help out your work flow?

thanks, Agustine. that's A good solution. Proxy editing was a mission a few years ago because you had to run scripts I see NOW it has become streamlined and the NLE is setting everything up for you and swapping the data out. that's a change. a few years ago Proxy editing was a mission so never got into it. couldn't be bothered with all the extra work. THIS is definitely the way forward.

Reactions: G_G
I bought a gaming laptop to grind gravel :) Razer 15'' w/nVidia RTX 2060 gfx.

I'm using Vegas Movie Studio 15. As long as I keep the preview screen at half quality, preview setting, it is smooth, even with non-proxy 4K-60 h264 files.

Latest threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chuckster58