Welcome, Autel Pilots!
Join our free Autel drone community today!
Join Us

48mp Raw Bracketing Shooting

AnCoats

Reaction score
As I shoot real estate, I was drawn to the idea that this drone can shoot 48mp raw images.
I am trying to find out if it can shoot 48mp bracketing as this I what I need for real estate shoots?
Jpegs are no good to me. If Autel has no plans to allow this then I may as well wait for the Mini 3 or get the Air 2S. Thoughts?

Last edited:
I would also love this feature, currently been manually bracketing them in the controls.

As I shoot real estate, I was drawn to the idea that this drone can shoot 48mp raw images.
I am trying to find out if it can shoot 48mp bracketing as this I what I need for real estate shoots?
Jpegs are no good to me. If Autel has no plans to allow this then I may as well wait for the Mini 3 or get the Air 2S. Thoughts?
I don't wish to disillusion you, but ...
I would stick with the JPGs.
Yes, I know the difference between RAW and JPG, in fact I am a photography enthusiast who also does astrophotography. So I really know about the importance of RAW and resolution, I know pretty well how to do post-processing and stuff. ;) And I always shoot JPG and RAW, especially with my Fuji. But on most cases, JPG quality is just sufficient, that slight quality gain by using RAW files not worth the effort - except with under- oder slightly overexposed pictures or use for special purposes.

Just forget about 48 MP pics from the Nano. That sensor is made for binning pixels, and it does a great job.
I doubt it's possible to get higher quality pictures with 48 MP.
There ARE very certain situations where 48 MP might provide better quality, but it's pure gambling, all depending on the subject. In the majority of cases, quality-wise you'll be far better off with the JPGs.

Regarding Air 2S: Not better than the Nano. Indeed, the Nano's pictures often look better than pictures taken with the Mavic 3. I did a comparison with RAW files of both drones.
DJI has an old tradition of reusing their cameras for several models, so I doubt the Mini 3's pictures will get better than the present line. But you never know ... :)

Nano Plus/Mavic 3 - just tell me which drone shot which pictures?

Turm_A2_klein.jpgTurm_B2_klein.jpgTurm_A.jpgTurm_B.jpg

Last edited:
No guesses yet? I'll bite. A is not as sharp as B (city in distance). But A has better looking sky than B and is less grainy (close-ups). I'm going to guess that A is the Nano+. They both look pretty good!

B is the Nano. :D

They both have pros and cons, in fact it's real hard to decide which is better.
The Mavic has a better detail resolution if you zoom in, the Nano also produces quite strong vignetting and distortion towards the corners - you can even see that in the shots, just look at the power poles.
But if you just look without a strictly analyzing eye, you'll like the Nano's footage better.
There's a lot of things Autel could improve for topping the Mavic 3's detail resolution, like some better use of the native sensor resolution. Plus, they should use a different sharpening algorithm. The one they presently use produces that "worm-like" artifacts you can spot while pixel peeping. I experienced that effect with many non-Bayer-standard sensors, like Huawei/Fujifilm sensors using a different RGB/RYB pattern. There's better sharpening algorithms which don't produce that "worms". But it seems Autel uses sharpening algorithms made for standard Bayer sensors.
Let's hope they'll change that in the future - or better: provide a choice.

Last edited:
I cancelled my order for a Nano+ and bought the Air 2S instead. I may get the Mini 3.
Piss poor form Autel......

I cancelled my order for a Nano+ and bought the Air 2S instead. I may get the Mini 3.
Piss poor form Autel......
If you're okay with the weight and it's camera, the Air 2S is not a bad choice.
For me, it's not - too heavy (very nagging restrictions in Germany) and I don't like it's camera too much.
If I were you, I would wait for the Mini 3 - specs look promising, unfortunately there's no camera footage, yet. But I guess it will surpass the Air 2S's camera performance.
DJI has been known for reusing older, partly outdated camera technology with their drones; maybe now they've got a healthy wake-up call by the Nano Plus.

Last edited:

Latest threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
redwingaerials