Welcome, Autel Pilots!
Join our free Autel drone community today!
Join Us

45 degree angle warning

Paul

Reaction score
Newbie here, so I am taking it easy and I have stayed in beginner mode where I am alerted when there is an obstacle.
I was flying today and bringing the EVO back towards me, and I got a warning on the controller that said something about being on a 45 degree angle, or more than a 45 degree angle (if was very hard to see in the sun.) Has anyone ever seen this before? It ended up crashing and breaking the longer leg, unless the leg came off first which I have read has happened already.
Thanks for the help.

Personally I''m not familiar with that alert, maybe someone else can help with that, but can you give a little more detail on exactly how it crashed, what did it do if anything before it crashed, why it crashed- did you lose control, fly away, one or more motors fail, etc.? Weather conditions? Battery condition, charge levels?

The more detail you can give, the more people on this forum can help you, and there's some pretty sharp people here.

Thanks Apollo. It was just out of my sight over a slight hill so I was bringing it back (manually not by the home button.) I should have seen it right away, and when I didn't I looked on the EVO controller (not my phone) and there was what looked like a warning saying 45 degree or more than 45 degree? I wish I could have seen it better, but the glare was terrible from the sun. Once I shaded the controller I saw grass so I knew it crashed! I was in obstacle avoidance mode and in an open field. I am not saying I am an expert, but I don't understand what I could have done wrong. When I found it the larger leg was missing and I couldn't find it near the drone.
I am looking now for a sunshade, hopefully that will help. The screen was pretty much useless today, I am thinking about maybe a tablet also?
I contacted EVO and I am curious what they will find. I will keep you updated and thanks for any help.

To me it sounds that a strong wind gust hit the Evo, forcing it to go beyond 45°, therefore losing lift and crashing.

If it wasn't a hillside (you mentioned a "slight" hill) then simply tumbling in the air like Ansia said seems like the only other possibility. That or the leg coming off in mid flight.

These are just guesses obviously, Autel should be able to give youa n answer when they get the flight logs.

Newbie here, so I am taking it easy and I have stayed in beginner mode where I am alerted when there is an obstacle.
I was flying today and bringing the EVO back towards me, and I got a warning on the controller that said something about being on a 45 degree angle, or more than a 45 degree angle (if was very hard to see in the sun.) Has anyone ever seen this before? It ended up crashing and breaking the longer leg, unless the leg came off first which I have read has happened already.
Thanks for the help.
I assume that if you couldn't see what you were doing, you had already crashed into some obstacle, making the drone tilt beyong 45 degrees and thus the message.

Reactions: mamanes and Copepe

Latest threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bigmaxsg