Welcome, Autel Pilots!
Join our free Autel drone community today!
Join Us

4 hawks antenna.

jcmarceau

Reaction score
Hello guys

My antennas on my rc cracked at the pivot point so I had to either change them for oem one or 4 hawks. So I decided to go with 4 hawks and so glad I did .....WOW? what a difference on penetration and signal strength. I did the installation myself.I also bought standard antennas from 4 hawks if I want a more all around signal instead of a beam signal and they are called 4hawks raptor OD but did not tried them yet but they are longer then the original one and more strong on dbi. Also you can switch antennas really quick because you just unscrew the raptor sr and screw in raptor OD.

cheers✌️

Reactions: ElectricPickle
The standard antennas will fit any 4hawks set up...they screw in place. Either autel or dji

When you say the first antennas you mean the original that came with the remote! Yes they works as good

Reactions: Rorysee
When you say the first antennas you mean the original that came with the remote! Yes they works as good
Oh I see now there is TWO, I am slow lmao 4hawks raptor OD and the other very KQQL. I'll get both now that you posted it. Thanks again . Kind of expensive ,but well worth it. One being No Video drops manly why I am getting these.

The same happened to me - the OEM antennas broke at the hinge. I too ordered the Raptor SR and installed it myself. It sure does penetrate the treeline better and gives a more reliable feed. I'll order a set of the Raptor OD's ($17 US) and give them a try. Thank you for the report.
Raptor OD / 2 Pack Black

Is it true that Autel hasn't changed the antenna design on the EVO 2?

there it is!:)

Seriously with this setup and the raptor sr .....i don’t see myself going for the evo 2 or something else. Great quad and great range and for the tilted horizon i dont have the problem with mine now that i did a gimbal calibration with the remote only no cel phone plug in on a level surface!

cheers

Attachments

• 0D6DE93D-CD24-40C5-91DC-83764CD1F0CC.jpeg
    0D6DE93D-CD24-40C5-91DC-83764CD1F0CC.jpeg
    2 MB · Views: 50
  • 93C9C9E7-88D5-4641-B24A-6ECF846D2286.jpeg
    93C9C9E7-88D5-4641-B24A-6ECF846D2286.jpeg
    2 MB · Views: 49
Last edited:
Reactions: ElectricPickle

don’t see myself going for the evo 2 or something else.
I see myself going for the 1" sensor when it comes out. I want that extra ability for low light photos. Also the EVO 2 mission planner will be pretty close to what litchi has to offer and hopefully they will refine it even more. Since most of my flying is done in mission mode this is a big plus for me. I have the Parrot Anafi and their mission planning is way better then what the EVO 1 has to offer and I will not settle for anything less in a new bird.

I see myself going for the 1" sensor when it comes out. I want that extra ability for low light photos. Also the EVO 2 mission planner will be pretty close to what litchi has to offer and hopefully they will refine it even more. Since most of my flying is done in mission mode this is a big plus for me. I have the Parrot Anafi and their mission planning is way better then what the EVO 1 has to offer and I will not settle for anything less in a new bird.
Actually for you it seem worth it but not for me.... I don’t do mission planning and low light video or photos! The only thing in a long run you will have to modify your rc because the antennas are cheaply made.

Seriously with this setup and the raptor sr .....i don’t see myself going for the evo 2 or something else. Great quad and great range and for the tilted horizon i dont have the problem with mine now that i did a gimbal calibration with the remote only no cel phone plug in on a level surface!

cheers
Nice, will the Thor Tab Holder work for the OD long Antennas ? Also is OD as good as the xr Raptor etc

Nice, will the Thor Tab Holder work for the OD long Antennas ? Also is OD as good as the xr Raptor etc
You need to buy the raptor sr...the raptor od are made to screw in where the sr wire goes. You take off the sr antenna dish and screw in the od antennas. The sr dish is for long range signal and you have to face the drone always with the antenna and the od antennas gives a all arround signal but for less range! The sr will fit the Thor if you buy the adapter for 4hawks for evo at Thor site.

You need to buy the raptor sr...the raptor od are made to screw in where the sr wire goes. You take off the sr antenna dish and screw in the od antennas. The sr dish is for long range signal and you have to face the drone always with the antenna and the od antennas gives a all arround signal but for less range! The sr will fit the Thor if you buy the adapter for 4hawks for evo at Thor site.
Thanks, really appreciate your explanation on this, was kind a
confusing . Now I got it. The Stock Antenna stinks far as I am concerned , had to return my first order of the Evo1 right off the bat, due to left Antenna being very Loose out of the Box.
Will be buying both Antennas , and doing it myself .
Thanks Again.
David

Can I ask at 4hawk website they want 149.00 for the Raptor XR what one is this exactly for? and why the difference between the two prices. The SR being 119.00

xr is to big for nothing....i think you will have plenty of signal strength with the sr. Xr is stronger in signal strength but size is way to big compare to the rc....looks bizarre as setup i find!

Latest threads

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chuckster58