Welcome, Autel Pilots!
Join our free Autel drone community today!
Join Us

360 Pano Dec 26th 5 degrees F at 9AM

It’s amazing how you caught that silver of light skirting the frozen waterfall giving it a nice warm glow surrounded by a deep freeze. Perfect timing...

Geeeez, it looks #&!?£* cold....and I’m complaining about 34F...

It’s amazing how you caught that silver of light skirting the frozen waterfall giving it a nice warm glow surrounded by a deep freeze. Perfect timing...

Geeeez, it looks #&!?£* cold....and I’m complaining about 34F...

The other nice thing I noticed after the fact is looking to the east the sun is coming up, looking to the west the moon is still up in the sky. Getting a snow storm tomorrow so hopefully I can get more video and pictures when it dies down.

Love how you do these panos. I'm gonna have to learn how to do it and give it a try someday.

Reactions: Jagerbomb52
Love how you do these panos. I'm gonna have to learn how to do it and give it a try someday.
Panos are not to hard to do with any UAV. Like I have said before Youtube and Google are your friends. Lots of info out there on how to put it all together. Nice thing about the Anafi its a option thats free just like mapping and a lot more.

Panos are not to hard to do with any UAV. Like I have said before Youtube and Google are your friends. Lots of info out there on how to put it all together. Nice thing about the Anafi its a option thats free just like mapping and a lot more.
Yep yep. I'll just need to focus on researching that in the near future. I think if I ever did get another UAV it'll probably be the Anafi or just see what's out there when/if I decide to get another.

Yep yep. I'll just need to focus on researching that in the near future. I think if I ever did get another UAV it'll probably be the Anafi or just see what's out there when/if I decide to get another.

You know there a lot of nice UAV's out there now. The EVO is great but a little pricey for what they promised and deleted from their promos so no one would know. DJI has the issue of updates and looking over your shoulder but has some pretty impressive UAV's. Yuneec is something if you like big, load and intrusive but they fly great in wind storms and the camera gimbal cannot be beat. I say fly what makes you happy. I went on my snow machine today. Anafi in its little case. Stopped and 3 minutes later I was up in the air taking picture. I can not see me dragging my Autel X-star to do that LOL
Even the EVO as portable as it is might have had a hard time getting in the air so fast but then again if it did the options are limited to what you can do with it.

Reactions: HiloHawaiian
You know there a lot of nice UAV's out there now. The EVO is great but a little pricey for what they promised and deleted from their promos so no one would know. DJI has the issue of updates and looking over your shoulder but has some pretty impressive UAV's. Yuneec is something if you like big, load and intrusive but they fly great in wind storms and the camera gimbal cannot be beat. I say fly what makes you happy. I went on my snow machine today. Anafi in its little case. Stopped and 3 minutes later I was up in the air taking picture. I can not see me dragging my Autel X-star to do that LOL
Even the EVO as portable as it is might have had a hard time getting in the air so fast but then again if it did the options are limited to what you can do with it.
Yeah, I've seen all of those and tried some of them. As you know I have the XSP and honestly still love it but I am not going for the EVO simply because we've had so many promises broken/forgotten with the XSP. Unless something changes I'll get something like the Anafi.

Yeah, I've seen all of those and tried some of them. As you know I have the XSP and honestly still love it but I am not going for the EVO simply because we've had so many promises broken/forgotten with the XSP. Unless something changes I'll get something like the Anafi.

Well I was a early adapter of the Anafi and I have helped them get through a lot of problems. Its not for everyone by no means. Their support is there but it is very painful compared to Autel. Hopefully they will improve on that end.

Reactions: Tufargon
User feedback and support is always good. I still wish and hope Autel releases the SDK for the XSP but I think that's wishful thinking.
You really can't beat Autel's support.

I can get in the air in about 3 min with an XSP, BUT, I have everything all set-up ready to fly before I leave the house on the back seat of an Altima — lots of room. If you can unpack it from snowmobiling and be up in 3 min, that’s impressive...

I’m intrigued by the Yuneec Typhoon H, but the reviews say it’s not too durable, especially the gimbal. Is it because it’s so vulnerable when the landing gear is up?? I love the overall design though. I bet it’s not quiet ....

I found the landing gear on the Yuneec's to be almost like rubbery or bouncy.

The ANAFI doesn't look a safe investment at the moment. Parrot has reported big losses on 2018 revenues which slumped by 40% in Q3 and have had to lay off 100 staff. They have already stopped making their smallest consumer drones and have stated that their long term survival requires them to focus on the commercial drone market. Given that the ANAFI has had disappointing sales, it could be the next for the chop.
French drone maker Parrot cuts more jobs as sales nose-dive

All of which is bad news for consumers who benefit greatly from competition in the market.

Other lesser lights, like Yuneec and Autel, might also be feeling the pinch and if it comes down to survival of the fittest, DJI could well become the only player in the mid-high end of the consumer market.

It hasn't helped though that some big reviews of the ANAFI have been less than complimentary:

Parrot's HDR 4K Drone Can't Catch the Competition
Parrot Anafi drone review: flying high, but falling short

For every bad review you can find a good one. It don't matter which brand it is. Yuneec, and Autel went through the very same problems, its just good business to adjust your money flow to where it will do the best.
DJI will always be that big monster looking to stomp the little guys into the ground. At 70% market share and growing they will be on top for a very long time. Some companies have moved to just producing toy grade UAV's that are sold on those Banggood sites as they know there is no way to compete against DJI. Any brand could be out of business the next day if they do not adjust and go with what works.

Any brand could be out of business the next day if they do not adjust and go with what works.
Agreed. The point I'm making is that consumer drones don't seem to be working for Parrot who have actually stated that they are shifting resources to the commercial sector. Although the ANAFI has some features which could be useful to commercial users, its price point screams cheap consumer grade so I suspect they would need to upgrade it quite a bit to make it appear a credible commercial/industrial/defense tool.

Latest threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chuckster58