Welcome, Autel Pilots!
Join our free Autel drone community today!
Join Us

128GB Micro SD shows 45GB available after format through EVO Nav. IOS.

sjdaniels

Reaction score
Website
filmforte.com
So my EVO showed up. Extremely excited. Smaller then expected, yet heavier then expected too - solid build.

Upon removing all the plastic and prop protectors my first mod step was to remove the 32GB micro SD and replace it with a brand new Samsung EVO Select UHS I Class 10 U3 4K 128GB, same model that I currently use in my GoPro Hero Session 5 and works fine. When I booted up the unit it stated 120GB Free and I selected "Format" through the EVO Navigator IOS Software. Now it reads 45GB Free???

I am not ashamed to say... "I don't get it".

I can format through my MacBook as EXT or FAT and get the correct size, but not with EVO.

Attachments

• IMG_2540.JPG
    IMG_2540.JPG
    2.6 MB · Views: 9
Last edited:
I'm not positive but I think the format you want is FAT32/exFAT. Personally I would just format on pc and don't bother formatting within the app.

If it's not an issue, I will simply use the MacBook for formatting. I didn't know if the EVO required EXT or not so I assumed formatting through it would solve any issues.

I travel a lot and I know I will not be downloading video after every flight... so the 128GB just makes sense and was another factor in my decision of the EVO over other brands.

The EVO just like its older brother the X-Star does not like anything over 32 gigs. It will run larger cards but some will be a pain in the rear end.
The Anafi I got last month takes a SanDisk’s 256GB card but needs to be formated as fat 32. Still works but will not format in the App. This might be part of your problem the App does not like large cards.

I had so many issues with cards, I contacted Autel. They told me not to use the App to format — use a Mac/PC. I use that exact card in my XSP, formatted ExFat on a Mac, it works fine...

Reactions: sjdaniels
If it's not an issue, I will simply use the MacBook for formatting. I didn't know if the EVO required EXT or not so I assumed formatting through it would solve any issues.

I travel a lot and I know I will not be downloading video after every flight... so the 128GB just makes sense and was another factor in my decision of the EVO over other brands.
My only comment would be to look for deals on 128GB cards, Amazon had a great sale recently on these exact cards for $17. I religiously change cards after each flight, only b/c the footage is so precious to me!!

My only comment would be to look for deals on 128GB cards, Amazon had a great sale recently on these exact cards for $17. I religiously change cards after each flight, only b/c the footage is so precious to me!!
Also check slickdeals daily. They usually get really great deals on these sometimes.

Also check slickdeals daily. They usually get really great deals on these sometimes.

I actually get them quite cheap on eBay. 2% back from Ebates, 1% back from eBay and because I buy almost everything online eBay sends me invite only coupons of 15-50% off. I watch the best deals and wait for a coupon. The longer you wait the bigger the discount to pull you back.

Latest threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sky3d