Welcome, Autel Pilots!
Join our free Autel drone community today!
Join Us

10% off the Autel Robotics EVO Quadcopter Drone

Already? wow that doesn't make me feel warm and fuzzy, all it could mean is that they are not flying off the shelves and if volume isn't there might affect development

Last edited:
Reactions: Black Dog Drone Ops
Already? wow that doesn't make me feel warm and fuzzy, all it could mean is that they are not flying off the shelves and if colume isn't there might affect development

I agree, but I wouldn't panic yet. I would hope word of mouth would propel sales. The biggest indicator for me that isn't positive is look at the traffic/posts on this board vs. the Mavic one. Huge difference.

I agree, but I wouldn't panic yet. I would hope word of mouth would propel sales. The biggest indicator for me that isn't positive is look at the traffic/posts on this board vs. the Mavic one. Huge difference.
That's to be expected. DJI has the lion's share of the market, so the Mavic forums would definitely have more traffic than the Evo ones. But that doesn't mean that Autel is about to shut down. It won't leapfrog DJI anytime soon, but chip away slowly slowly. There are so many examples across various industries of the de facto market leader falling behind, there's nothing to say it won't happen in the drone world too. Especially with all the positives Autel brings to the table.

The biggest problem Autel has they do not sell internationally. They have no sales to the UK other then what dealers sell to those that are willing to pay the high duties. If they are ever going to come close to DJI they will have to have outlets anywhere DJI sells theirs. Hell even Parrot has international sales.

The biggest problem Autel has they do not sell internationally. They have no sales to the UK other then what dealers sell to those that are willing to pay the high duties. If they are ever going to come close to DJI they will have to have outlets anywhere DJI sells theirs. Hell even Parrot has international sales.

Don’t they manufacture an “international” version of the Evo? I’m pretty sure I’ve seen some labeled as such. I’m about to do my part and pull the pin on an Evo, the only question is whether to wait for Black Friday/Cyber Monday deals or not. Anyone know anything about the above deal? I don’t see them on Autel’s list of resellers and it seems a bit sketchy to me.

Don’t they manufacture an “international” version of the Evo? I’m pretty sure I’ve seen some labeled as such. I’m about to do my part and pull the pin on an Evo, the only question is whether to wait for Black Friday/Cyber Monday deals or not. Anyone know anything about the above deal? I don’t see them on Autel’s list of resellers and it seems a bit sketchy to me.
I'd wait for BF/CM. It's only a month away and you can rest assured you're buying from an authorized reseller. Autel itself might have deals to match.

On the other hand, Newegg had a deal where you get $100 gift card and an extra $50 later that you could apply to an extra battery and filters and they should be an authorized reseller, I would think.

Like Ale
alekaras said, DJI is a much larger company, that has established itself for many years now and established a very large market share not to mention their immense promotional machine, just look at youtube the EVO had a little bit gf a push then the M2 was released and all there is on YT now is M2Z M2P this and that, really annoying if you ask me. If Autel continues on this path of great customer service and continuos development and forward thinking, and get a promotional machine of their own, DJI will have to give some up. Also do realize that the great majority of posts in the DJI forums are NEGATIVE, their forums are mainly complaint rooms.

Reactions: YuKay
Ah. That may yet turn out to be true of the EVO too… and pretty much every drone out there. But until they announce EOL for the XSP, I guess there's hope - albeit Autel's limited resources are understandably focused on the new model for the time being.

Having never looked at the XSP, I don't know what functionality it offers that the EVO doesn't. The hope would be greater if people were still buying the XSP.

Bought my EVO at a 10% discount from Wellbots. Got next day shipping and the carrying bag.
DJI aircraft are more hype than substance.

Bought my EVO at a 10% discount from Wellbots. Got next day shipping and the carrying bag.
That's a curious statement. What is the hype about DJI drones?

Although DJI manufactures good UAV's, perceptions of great quality are more hype than reality.

I don’t like to get into brand fights because people get protective of their purchase but I will say DJI makes an incredible product. That’s not downing Autel that’s just being honest. To be honest I own all the major flagships 2013-2017 the only one that I didn’t care for was the Typhoon.

I can understand someone buying an EVO over a Mavic. Geofencing and cost comparison make it an attractive purchase.

Yes DJI makes the premiere line of UAVs on the market, just look at how extensive it is, from the entry level spark to M600 professionals with a lot of models in between. They usually DO NOT deliver all that is promised, there is a lot of hype, but they are full of features and of overall great quality. Unfortunately the more hype than substance can be said of ALL UAV manufacturers, their advertisings make every model UAV they make to be the ultimate in perfection, but most do not deliver on their promises, they get f/w that instead of improving ruins the craft and usually upon release do not deliver all the features. look at Autel and the iOS app. DJI and all it's firmware issues with their top of the line prosumer craft the Inspire 2, the list can go on and on for days.

Latest threads

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Juan.t